Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Wednesday, January 2, 1963

got letter from Claudia & xmas box from mother

Ray got home from Salt Lake.

Cloudy but not cold.

Kids went back to school today from holidays.  Ray woke me up at 6:30 to let him in, came from Salt Lake on train & took taxi home.  Ivard got home from work at Nyssa at 7:30 A.M.

I never got up until 10: I felt so bad.

I took Jerry up to work at D. q. at 11: to 6:

got xmas pkg, from mother, home made candy & cookies & 5 lbs Swiss cheese & little Turtle perse for Jackie with her name on.

Gene came home at 1:30, he'd run out of gas 3 or 4 miles from here & walked home.  I got Ivard up & we went out to Hy 30 store at city limits & filled car up & got some & took up & put in pick-up then Gene went back & got it full & Ivard & I went up town & I got me a Diary & I laid away 3 bed spreads, 9 pr cases & 14 sheets for $53.08. on Penny white Sale.

Came home & Ivard took down xmas tree & did chores, I worked on books & cooked supper.  We ate when Dean & Dale came from cub Scouts & Ivard left for Nyssa to work at 6:45.  drove our car.  Jerry ate when he got home at 6:10 from Dairy q., Gene went after him.

We all went to bed early - lights were out by 9:.

No comments:

Post a Comment