Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursday, January 10, 1963

Sunny, hard, bitter cold wind.

It was 20° when I came home from work, I stoped & got few groc. & filled car with gas with my 1 day's xmas check.  I got home at 8:40, I read paper & went to bed but didn't sleep much my nose was too cold.

I got up at 2: & Ivard & Jackie drove me up to sign up for unemployment.  then we went up town & bought a pr orchid sheets, white shirt & pr. pillow cases for Lyles birthday, 2 pr short knit pants for Douglas's birthday (Dec. 22) & a shirt for Stanleys birthday (Sept.) then we got some color books, crayons, & 2 card games for Terry while hes in bed after his operation.  stayed at Dairy q. & had a drink.  came home & went to bed again at 4:30 but still couldn't go to sleep but I stayed in bed until 6: & got up & ate.  Dean fixed supper.

Ivard took Jackie to Primary & went & got a sack of coal for fireplace.

Jerry worked at D.q. 11: to 6:, Ivard took him & went & got him.

Ivards day off

No one went any where tonite.

I went to bed at 7: until time to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment