Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday, January 11, 1963

Sun but hard cold wind., got down to 5° below in nite.  It was 6° when I went to work last nite & 38° the nite before, it really dropped.  When I came out to come home the car wouldn't start so I had to walk back in to office & Nora called the garage (at work) & they came out & started it.  It was 0° when I came home & the water was frozen up in tub, shower & washer & I was about solid.

Ivard was to work, 7: AM To 3: when he came home we went to go up town to get fuses, stove wouldn't work, & car wouldn't start so Ray pushed us.  Ivard went back at 5: to get battery charged.

Ray & Jerry went to work at D.q. at 5:30 to close, Ray got home at 10:30

Dean made waffles for supper.

The water in the tub & shower thawed out while Ivard was up town, he put the heater under the house on pipes (electric The shower drain is froze now.  He got it thawed tonite.

I went to bed until 10:40 then got ready for work.  Arlene called so I had her take her car to work Ray went up & got me a drink while I waited, to see if car would start.  It was 1° when we went to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment