Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday, January 3, 1963

Had letter from mother.

Cloudy - warm - rained a little during nite.

Ivard got home from Nyssa at 7:30, got bumped off brakeman board - went back on relief job & missed today.

Jerry left for Boise at 8:, had an appointment at 9: A.M to take aptitude tests for job at Metropolitan Life Ins.  He came home at noon & fixed lunch.

I don't feel good, I never got up until after kids had gone to school.  Gene got up at 11:  Ivard went to bed until 1:

I didn't do anything but crochet.

at 2: Ivard & Gene took me up to sign up for unemployment then we went & Pd. Wards & up to R.R. then to Jewlery store & they put Genes new watch band on for him.  got groc, & came home & Jerry fixed supper, cooked steak & made salad & Ivard cooked potatoes & I made gravy for them.

Ivard took Jackie to Primary & Gene went & got them.  We ate & Jerry went away & Ivard & I Gene & Ray played one game of Scrabble & Dean, Dale & Jackie did dishes then they all watched T.V. & I went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment