Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Friday, March 6, 1964

Gene got mission call to Tonga mission Fiji

32° when we came home from work

I read paper & went right to bed. Ivard was in bed too. I fasted all nite & we fasted all day for Ray.

I got up at noon & washed some cloths, crocheted. Ivard & I went up to D.q. & got my 540 lbs sugar I ordered $62.10 The price is going up.

Ivard went to work at 3:, Gene took him & picked Sis up & they went up to Gails.  I cooked supper & we ate when Jerry got home from work

Gail, Lynda & Kids came then they took Gene & he went & played ball & Gail went to see Gene play ball, Lyle came & got Gene and right after he left he got his special delivery letters (2) mission call (7: P.M)

Jerry_ Dean & Dale went selling chocolate bars for Dean to go to Valley Forge.  Gail & them came after game & saw where Gene got called. Ivard came at 11:, said he walked. My nite off.  Kids sold 24 bars

No comments:

Post a Comment