Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday, August 24, 1963

Lyle, Barbra & Kids Came to supper

nice day & warm _ breeze

I came home from work & went to bed, Ivard had just got home & to sleep.  I was so cold I couldn't go to sleep.  spent all morning trying.  I slept a couple of hrs. & got up & washed some cloths & Dean hung them out and Ivard & I went up town & bought him 2 shirts, 2 pr. overalls & pr workpants and $60 worth of groc. with some of his grain money. stoped at D.q. & got milk, was going to bring Jerry home but he went across street & got hair cut.  Came home & fixed Barbacue & were just going to eat when Lyle came so we all ate then Jerry & Gene came & ate.  We ate on lawn.

Jerry got ready & went with Rodney Hennis.  Kids did dishes & we played penochle.  I went to bed at 9: but Kids were so noisy I couldn't go to sleep.  I was so tired.  They left just before I went to work at 11:

Ivard didn't work today.

No comments:

Post a Comment