Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Friday, January 30, 2015

Saturday, January 30, 1965

got letter from Gene
wheel broke off dodge

rained during nite & early this morning. Ivard got up & took Dale on his route. I got up & cooked a real good breakfast for everyone bacon & eggs, hot biscuits, choclate & grapefruit then Ivard & Jackie went up town & got new tires (2) on Desoto & Ray took Dodge & got thing in motor to make contact to start it, fixed & just as he got out here by neighbors, comeing home, he broke front axel off.

Ivard left on Marsing local at 11:45 got home at 2: AM. I washed cloths & patched all day. at noon Dale left on bike to see if Lynda would come & take me to town, get hair cut & clean D.Q. yd. I made chow mein & we ate at 4: & at 5: Lynda came & took me to Wards & I got 6 panals for front room. Jerry & Ray rode to work & Dean to ball games & they walked home at 1:30. Dale came after dark. I put up curtains & watched til until it went off air. Kids cleaned house today. My nite off.

1 comment:

  1. I clearly remember the day when the wheel fell off our red-and-white 1957 Dodge.

    ReplyDelete