Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Monday, January 22, 1962

Got letter from Mother

26 degrees below zero

Gail & Gene came

I got $900. from my Ins. on Ivard.

I about froze to death then heater quit working comeing home. I get home & we had run out of oil. Had a fire in fire place. My washer & tub are froze up & shower drain.

Gail was here, he'd brought Gene over for his 8:30 dentist appointment. We ate breakfast & played Scrabble then oil guy came & we got warmed up. Ivard & Gail went & got Gene at 11:30 & Ivard fixed us lunch & we ate & at 1:30 I went to bed & Gail & Gene went home.

We went up to hospital to get Ins. Checks signed but couldn't see the sister, one was mine & I cashed it & got groc., sack coal & gas came home & got supper & Ivard went after Jerry. We ate & Kids went to Mutual & I went to bed until time to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment