Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Friday, July 19, 2013

Friday, July 19, 1963

hot.

Gene went to work & we ate and Ivard hoed garden & watered it.

I took Ray up to work 10: to 6: then I made 14 pts apricot, pineapple jam Ivard thinned our beets out & washed them & picked biggest beets.  I bottled 5 pts whole beets & fixed a bowl for supper & a big mess of tiny beets & greens for dinner tomorrow & I put 3 pkgs of greens in freezer.

Gene came home for lunch & took Dale & Stanley out with him all afternoon

I got ready & Ivard took me to Caldwell & I put $200. in Savings for Gene & went out to Simplots & turned in an Ins. claim. stoped at Dobbs & pd. Genes $37.15 repair bill on pick-up, had fixed last week, and tried out a car, 55 plymouth.  Drove down to show Ray but he didn't want.  took it back & came home & Ivard fried hambergers out on barbacue & we ate on lawn then Ivard and I, Gene, Ray, Dale & Stanley went up to Gails awhile & brought Jackie home.  Watered lawn, Ivard was up late changeing water.

No comments:

Post a Comment