Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday, May 18, 1962

Got laid off at Simplots

Got letter from Mother

Ivard had $24. stole

We got laid off for Summer, am I ever happy. I came home & took Ray to school, it was raining - rained half the night & half of today.

Ivard was home from Glenns Ferry, we ate & I read paper & we took Jackie & went to bed at 11:. Ivard slept but I Kept trying to get her to sleep. After she woke up they got up & I slept awhile.

Jerry came home for lunch.

I got up at 3: & picked over strawberries & fixed for short cake & made 2 qts blue cheese salad dressing & put a big Steak on to cook & Dean tended it & Ivard & Jackie droped Ray & I off up town & they went over to Gails & borrowed his lawn mower. Ray & I got him some cloths & Jackie a suit & presents for Genes graduation. Got Jerry & came home & ate & Jerry went ward teaching & Dean then Jerry went on date. Ray went to Seminary Party. Ivard walked up to Carrols to go to Glenns F. I watched 77 Sunset Strip & went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment