Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Friday, September 8, 1961

Cool & cloudy

I came home from work & read paper & went to bed at 9:15 & got up at 1:15.

Ivard took Dean to school & Dale had gone on his bike.

Jerry was to work & Ray & Gene were to school.

When I got up Ivard had bottles washed & he helped me peel peaches & we bottoled 19 qts. Gene came home a little early & got supper on to cook. We ate at 4:15. Ray went to work at Thorns. Ivard took Dale for foot ball physical.

Dean, Dale & I went up town & got them some gym shoes & Dean some gym cloths, Dale school cloths & them & Gene & Jerry pajamas & Jackie a sweat shirt & Ray 2 pr. pants.

While we were gone Ivard did dishes]]Came home at 7: & Dean milked & we all went to Foot Ball game.

We beat Emmett 15 to 7. I laid down a hr. & went to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment