Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Saturday, September 7, 1963

Kay got home after 2½ years in Peru

Irvin called Julie Rae Cleverly got killed by poll, accident

hot.

I came home from work and went to bed until noon.

Jerry worked 10: to 6:

Dean scrubbed & cleaned up the house.

I got up & washed some cloths and Ivard took me up town & I got me 4 shirts for work & a bra then this afternoon I went out to Sister Yorgensens & got me 2 pr. garments & Ivard a pr.

I had just started to cook supper at 5:, stuffed peppers, when in drove Kay & Claudia from Utah.  First time we've seen him since 2½ years ago.  just got home from his Mission in Peru Wed. nite_a day late on account of weather.  He hasn't changed a bit.  It was so good to see him.  We ate after they went & got Jerry from work & Gene got home.

After we ate we all went up to Gails & Kay showed us all his slides he'd taken of Peru.  We came home about 11: & went to bed & Ivard went to work Kay & Claudia went after a root beer he hasn't had one so long.  they stayed here.  I laid off so I could get turkey cooked early in morning

No comments:

Post a Comment