Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thursday, November 23, 1961

Lyle Barbra & Kids came from Calif.

Kids all home today from school & work. I got up early & made cranberry sauce, dressing, put ham roast to cook & cooked a Kettle of squash, made 3 pumpkin pies & 2 mince. Jerry made cranberry salad & fixed squash in cassarole with marshmallows on & finished dinner & I got ready & at 11: I left for Boise to have Thanksgiving dinner with Ivard. Each patient could have a guest he was as excited as little Kid. I had Turkey & all the trimmings, he had bullion milk & custard. I visited until 1:30 & he sent me home to eat with Kids. We ate at 3:30. I was going back to see Ivard with Gail but he never did show up.

At 8: Clifford & Mr. Metcalf brought Lyle, Barbra & Kids, they got here this morning, rode up with friends from Vale. Joe brought his projector & showed us his pictures of Kids & Jerrys slides he took on Mission. Joe left about 9:30. Lyle stayed all nite. We visited awhile & all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment