Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Friday, November 11, 2011

Saturday, November 11, 1961

Gene got up at 4:30 A.M. & went out & did Wally's chores & hauled us in a load of straw & helped some guy load our 3 cows he bought.

I got up & made biscuits & Gene cooked bacon & eggs & Dean opened grapefruit & set table & we ate a late breakfast. Jerry didn't work today. I made a big Kettle of soup & washed 6 batchs of cloths. Changed my bed. got them all dry - warm & breezy.

Ray worked until noon then had to go after game for awhile.

Gene left for game at 12: & at 1: Ray came & took me up. We beat Caldwell 18 to 7 & Gene was sensational, 2 made 2 of touch Downs. A wonderful way to end his high school foot ball carer. Gail & Marvin Haney were there & we waited for Gene & went up to hospital & saw Ivard. We ate soup & Gail took Ray home with him to help move. Gene went out & did Wallys chores & ours & he left for Nyssa at 7: Jerry took Dean to Boise to supper & show & Xmas shopping at noon, got home at 9:

Dale, Jackie & I went to hospital to see Ivard tonite. I watched T.V. until midnite. My nite off.

No comments:

Post a Comment