Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Friday, November 17, 1961

Got letter from Claudia.

Ivard went to St. Lukes hospital in Boise

I came home from work at 8:30, we got laid off for next 10 days.

I cleaned up house, washed some cloths and this afternoon Jackie & I went to hospital to see Ivard. After we were there awhile the Dr. (Horton) called on phone & wanted to talk to me. He wanted to know if I could get Ivard over to Boise to St. Lukes hospital right away. I didn't dare drive after never having gone to bed so I called the Bishop & he came about 4: & drove Ivard & I to Boise.

Gene came to see Ivard so I sent Jackie home with him & he tended her till Dean got home then he left for Nyssa for week end. We got Ivard in hospital at 5:30 then we left as Dr. Smith wouldn't be in until 7:30. He was going to examine him & study ex-rays & maybe operate tomorrow. They will let me know. I sat in car for hr. while Bishop was in his Vista-Village store. Got home at 8: & went to bed. I was dead. Our ward Bizzar, Ray only one who went.

No comments:

Post a Comment