Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wednesday, June 28, 1961

Got letter from Mother

Went to Silver Creek camping

I took Jerry & Ray to work.

I washed cloths & packed all morning ready to go to Canyon. I washed my hair & had a bath.

Ivard had to go to Dr. & rail road about his Ins. when he came home at 1: we went & got groc. & I signed up for unemployment & at 3: we left for Nyssa & borrowed Gail's 2 sleeping bags & air mattress's & 2 fishing poles & went up to "Silver Creek Canyon," 25 miles above Croutch & met Atwell Perry, wife & Kids & Smalls. Got there at 8: & They gave us supper. We all camped together & ate together 21 of us. We took Dean - Dale & Jackie. We made our beds under stars & got Kids to bed & at 10:30 P.M we went up to pool, natural hot water, & Atwell, Elaine - Dick, Lenore, Dickie & I went swimming until midnite. Ivard watched. They had their 3 horses too.

No comments:

Post a Comment