Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Friday, December 31, 2010

Saturday, December 31, 1960

We got to Nampa at 7:15 the train was over an hr. late. called Gene & he came & got us. I unpacked & Ivard took Ray over to the Bishops to go to Idaho City to church Camp sleighing. Ivard & I cleaned drawers & worked on our bedroom & I washed a lot of cloths at 2: Gene & I & Dean went to town & laid an overcoat away for Kay, on sale, & Bought Gene a new suit & shoes. Got Ivard pr overalls & 2 pr. insulated socks & a white shirt. Got my mattress pad 2 rugs, bath room rug set, 2 bath towels & 6 wash rags out of laway. Gene went to hospital to see Julie while we were shopping. Got $28. worth of groc. Came home at dark & Gene did chores & we ate & Gene went to dance. Ray came home with a sore stomache, run in to tree & got a gash & bruise. I stayed up until 12:20 but Ivard went to bed about 11: Gene got home about 12:30. Ray went to bed early.

No comments:

Post a Comment