Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Friday, August 13, 2010

Saturday, August 13, 1960

I stoped at hospital on my way home from work & got Gene & Ray then we went & got Jackie from Kotters & came home. Ivard was home & he finished baleing straw. Ray did up the work. I slept until noon.

This afternoon I went to town & got Dean & Dale a winger coat, Dean went with me, got some flannel for Ray some pajamas, Jackie & Debbie a slip. Came home after we got groc. & Ray had supper ready. Gail, Lynda & Kids were here when I got home. We ate & played penochle & Gail left at 8: & Kay went to Caldwell to Carnival, got home at 1:15

I stayed up & watched T.V. until it went off air. My & Ivards nite off

1 comment:

  1. Whether in Idaho or Iowa (a former 4th grade student of mine once told another teacher he couldn't remember if Mrs. Whitt was from Idaho or Iowa), baling straw under the summer sun always happened. It is interesting that we both are recording word-for-word diary entries 50 years to the day after they happened.

    ReplyDelete