Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Monday, December 31, 2012

Monday, December 31, 1962

Sunny & little breeze. dried a batch of cloths out after noon.

Played games with Kids & worked on books.

Jerry went to work at D. q at 11: until 5: getting ready to open tomorrow.

Ivard called at 3:15 just got in from McCall. I went & got him & we got his check & paid place got some gas & took up & put in his car & I gave him a push. I stoped & got few groc. Ivard watered cows & had bath & we ate when I fixed supper then Ivard & Jackie went to bed because Ivard got called brakeing to Nyssa when his rest was up at 11:30. he got up at 10: & drove to Nyssa to work. Jerry went to Stake House to M-Men Gleaner dance & Party after at Alices.

I wrote Kay, didn't get it finished. I spent new years Eve alone with Dean & Dale. We watched "Broadway Melody" on T.V. Kids went to bed at 12:30 & I burned 1/3 pkg of tea & waited a hr before it cought & finally burned, fire place fire was about out. I've made up my mind to stop breaking the word of Wisdom & recking my health with the awful habit I've had for 10 yrs., of drinking iced tea. Another New Years resolution, I'm going to try very hard to loose a lot of weight starting in the morning, Jan 1st, I also am going to write my history this year & try very hard to do a lot of genelogy.

I'm going to try very hard to be a better wife & mother and go to church more. I pray the lord will help me to keep these resolutions in this brand new year.

It is now 2:20 A.M. already that old, I hope it is a good year for our family

I'm going to bed now & will pray that it will be.

Jerry still isn't home

No comments:

Post a Comment