Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Wednesday, May 17, 1961

Ivard took me to sign for unemployment at 2:30 & Paid lites & Phone.

Kids went to school & Jerry to work & Ivard went back to bed, he still doesn't feel very good.

I just sat & crocheted on my bed spread & watched T.V. most of day, I was so tired from yesterday. Ivard got up & brought all the boxes of books in out of garage & got them dusted & put in book case.

Ray came home for lunch.

It was cloudy all day & just at school closeingit really poured & hailed, a cloud burst. Didn't last long. I went & got Dean & we took Dale over to Perry's to Cub Scouts. Ivard had to go to work at 4: & he took Ray to work at Printing shop on his way.

I cooked a roast & got supper & we ate when Jerry came & he went ward teaching. Gene went ward teaching too & Ray went out for his Piano lesson at Pinsters, got through at 8:15 & was to Dairy Queen until 9:30. We had Strawberry short cake at 9:45 & Kids went to bed. I watched T.V. until Ivard came.

No comments:

Post a Comment