Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wednesday, August 19, 1959

Ivard came home at 6: & went to bed.

It was cold today. had to shut doors & even had furnace on a little. Mother worked on my new dresses (2) she made, & Jackies. Kids went out & weeded 2 rows of beets apiece. Berniece & Ray made a cake & I washed some clothes & Berniece & I fixed sandwiches for every body & then we went to town & I signed up & we got groc. came home & I made another cake & mother fixed a corn & squash cassarole & I fixed spagetti & Berniece made jello salad & her & mother helped fix a double batch of chilli sauce & we got it on to cook.

Lyle, Barbra & Kids came & we ate & Gail came just as we finished & they ate. Gene went home with Gail. Ivards nite off. Lyle went home & we got to bed. rained.

No comments:

Post a Comment