Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, August 3, 1959

got letter from Jerry

Made hot cakes & bacon & eggs & ate early. Ivard got home at 6:30 & went to Bed. Gene did chores & got the new fly wheel on baler. We changed all the beds & washed 3 batches & cleaned house good then at 10:30 Ivard & I, Gene Ray & Dale went to Nampa & left Dean & Jackie home playing on new swing set they delivered & set up this morning. We droped Ivard & Ray off at Dr. Daines & they had eyes tested, they'll get their glasses Sat. Gene & I went & got our Idaho drivers licence, I passed 98 & Gene 96. We were going to get Idaho licence on car but guy wasn't in back to get title. got Ivard & Ray & went to Caldwell to Bank & got Dale some sunday & everyday shoes & Gene got some shoes then we came back to Nampa & got groc. & Gene & Ray 2 pr. levies, denims & Dale sunday pants & Gene got pajamas & socks. came home & I cooked supper & Gene did chores & Ivard & I played one game of Penochle & he went to bed. Kids bathed & packed & I got their lunches packed & Ivard & at 10:30 I took Ivard to work & got some gas. got home & went to bed at 11:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment