Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Tuesday, April 7, 1959

Ivard is 44 today.

I came home from work & Ivard had chores done & went out to harrow. I changed all the beds & washed 3 big batches of clothes & hung out the ones I did last nite. I made Ivard a birthday cake & fixed his dinner then Jackie & I went to bed after I fixed scalloped potatoes & carrots ready to cook & put them in ice box.

Ivard woke me up at 3:30 & I put supper on & went after kids.

Jackie has a feaver.

I got clothes in & helped Ray make beds. Ivard helped me make ours at noon.

We ate at 6:

Ivard started planting beets at noon. Ivard did chores & I went to bed about 9: They woke me up Gail, Lynda & Debbie came to see Ivard for his birthday & brought a gal. root beear. Ivards night off.

No comments:

Post a Comment