Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Thursday, August 31, 1961

We didn't have to work today. I read papers & about 10: we went over to Metcalf & got a case of cantalope & my pears from Steels, I got 3 bu. of ones they sorted out for 1.00. We came home around the lake & I got 2 bu. of Hale peaches for 4.50. Came home & went to store & got sugar & lids & washed bottles & got 10 qts of peaches canned.

We had supper & at 7:30 Ivard & I, Jerry - Dale & Jackie went to Boise to State Fair looked at some of the exhibits & Dale, Jackie & I went on "Octopus," & "Ferris Wheel." We had hamberger & drink & Kids had cotton candy. We never saw Jerry until we left. Ray got mad & wouldn't go with us. He wanted to take car & take a girl & I wouldn't let him.

We got home at 11:30. It was cloudy & few drops of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment