Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Monday, June 15, 2009

Monday, June 15, 1959

sent Jerry 12 page letter
He got Oregon Income tax refund $13.90.
I started on a diet, first 3 days liquid.

I got up & fixed Kay & Gene's breakfast & Gene went across the street to work in hay & Kay went to Nampa to shed guys to do peas but they weren't ready so he went to Nyssa to Gails. I went back to bed & got up when Ivard got chores done & fixed the rest of their breakfast then worked on books at 10: Ivard, Jackie, Dean, Dale & I went & got Ivards check & pd. bills & got groc. & Ivard bought a new hay rake & corn cultivator. came home & had lunch & Ray went to work for Bryson. at 1: Ivard fixed mower & cut hay & I got Jackie to sleep & finished books, washed 4 batches clothes & got supper. Dale went to neighbors & Dean went selling cards. wrote Jerry while I waited for Ivard to do business. We took Ray in to Nampa Bowling Center at 5: for Sunday school party.

No comments:

Post a Comment