Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday, August 25, 1962

Jerry came from Utah

Gail & family - Lyle & Family & Gene were here

Ray left for Utah on 8:30 train.

I got up at 7: & cooked breakfast & Ivard went to work at 7:30.

I washed & iorned all morning & sewed on Sis's new dress. Dean cleaned house.

Ivard came home & ate lunch at 11:30.

At 10:30 Lyle, Barbra & Douglas came & at 1: Gail, Lynda & Kids & Gene came. I didn't have any money to go get any groc. & nothing in house I had a lb of hamberger for 17 of us. I had a pot of lima beans on & made goulash out of them & meat & we ate out on lawn at 3:15. They didn't even offer to go get a loaf of bread. Then Barbra or Lynda didn't even offer to help do up dishes. I got so mad, Gail & Lynda are always here at meal time. 5 extra is a lot when you havn't planned on them then they don't tend their Kids. We started to play cards, but I got mad & went in house. They left at 8:30 after Jerry got here from Utah with his girl friend - Freda. Ray went on 8:30 train to Salt Lake for Johny Winters Farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment