Entries posted 50 years to the day after they were originally written / Original spelling and punctuation retained

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday, May 9, 1959

Mother day card from Jerry

I got off work at 7:15 & came home with Jesse. came home & Ivard was home had chores done & was in bed. I went to bed until 10:30 then Ray & I took car in to Dobbs & had the breaks adjusted and got groc. we saw Ivard, Dean & Dale in town buying Mother Day presents We both got home about the same time. Ivard & Kids had milk shake & hamberger. Ivard left for work & I made potatoe salad & baked beans for tomorrow & cut up chicken - ready to fry.

Mother sewed all day & washed & I hung them out.

Ivard called at 6: & told us to meat him at "House of Fong" & he'd buy Mother & I our supper had chow meine. got a few more groc. & came home & worked on books. My nite off. Didn't go after Kids, they didn't call.

No comments:

Post a Comment